It’s like a cupcake, but so much more.
The base of the cupcake is a toasted english muffin round with cheddar cheese. The bacon is wrapped around a baked egg, and the entire cupcake is topped with chives and a tater tot.
Breakfast cupcakes. Eggs, bacon, english muffin, cheddar cheese, chives and a tater tot.
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: American, Bacon
- 12 slices bacon (thick cut)
- 12 eggs
- 6 English muffins
- 12 tater tots, cooked.
- 1 bunch chives
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cooking Spray
- Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lay the strips of bacon in a single layer. The bacon strips should be touching but not overlapping.
- Place the bacon in the oven and turn it on to 400 degrees F. Check the progress of the bacon at around the 12-14 minute mark. You will want the bacon to be browned but not fully cooked. We need the bacon to be flexible when we wrap it. Once the bacon is browned, remove from the oven and drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Lightly spray a cupcake tin (12 cupcakes) with cooking spray
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut 12 rounds from the english muffins and place into the cupcake tin. These will be used as the base of each cupcake.
- Sprinkle a bit of cheddar cheese into each cupcake cup.
- Wrap a strip of bacon around the edge of each cupcake cup. You may need to use scraps of bacon to close the wrap depending on the size of your cupcake cups.
- Return the cupcake tin into the oven and toast the english muffin rounds and bacon, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove the cupcake tin from the oven and crack an egg into each cup without breaking the yolk.
- Season each egg with salt and pepper.
- Return cupcake tin to the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes if you like runny yokes, 14-15 for a more set yolk.
- Before serving, place a tater tot on top of each cupcake and garnish with chopped chives.
- For extra credit, make a hollandaise sauce and drizzle the sauce over each cupcake.